Started the day out at home monitoring GRLevel 2AE. Just before 3PM saw a cell in Portage Co that had some slight rotation in it but was having a hard time holding onto it. I wanted to see something severe today, as it looked like Marion was in a area not favorable for severe weather (everything was going around us). I left intending to go to Tigerton, but as I approached Split Rock (about 4 miles East of Tigerton) I saw what appeared to be a rotating wall cloud above the big hill near a church. I pulled in at the church in Split Rock and walked up the cemetery hill. Wall Cloud was most definitely rotating and was absolutely a gorgeous sight! Ran back down the 50 yds to the car to call in the report, that done rain started so I ran back up to get my camera. Half way up the hill I was plummeted with 1" hail and est 50-60 mph winds. Got the camera (and a few welts) back to car. I went home and forwarded the below photos to GRB NWS.
No comments:
Post a Comment